Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Time To Cook!

Aaaaaa.... it's been delightful having time to DO stuff again! I actually feel at home again, gotten most of the house cleaning caught up and my kitchen mostly back into order (is that even possible?!). I even made another big bowl of Hot Chocolate Mix which sadly between me using it, giving some of it to friends and a larger portion to my mother, is gone as of last night! But, I have every thing sitting on the counter as I write to prepare another dose!

I was planning to do this yesterday but by the time I went off on a cleaning spree, went grocery shopping and finding it late enough to pick up DH from work, it just was too much work and way too short of time to have it cook properly. So tonight, I have a wonderful purely American style dinner planned.

BBQ Chicken Pieces
 ~ I bought leg/thigh pieces originally but also bought a big package of legs to do up too just because I am really in the mood for BBQ chicken when I went shopping last night
Boiled New Potatoes
 ~ no recipe for this, unless I decide to make some sort of crushed potatoes
Corn-on-the-Cob
 ~ yes I will be posting about this later
Corn Bread
 ~ I've made this many times before with a prefect result but seems I have yet to post about it, will do soon
Stuffed Mushrooms with an Italian twist
 ~ You're just gonna have to wait but it'll be worth the wait as they are so simple and take just a few moments to make
Tapioca Pudding
 ~ Already have this posted so enjoy!

I've been just itching to get into my kitchen to cook something, not just bake something. This is a perfect afternoon/evening. It's gotten down right crappy outside this last week (almost 2 now) weather wise, it's dropped quite a great deal in temp, it's been raining most of the time and if it's not raining it's extremely over cast so even the apartment has gotten to be quite on the cool side without putting the heaters on yet because there is simply no sun coming in to help warm it naturally. My god, I might have to turn on the heat soon *blah*.

Yes yes, the oven shall be put on very shortly here to start making chicken for tonight, I shall start to prepare mushrooms (something that can be done ahead of time and placed in the fridge until ready to be broiled), make the coco mix, prepare the chicken to go in the oven, prep the corn and get it into a pan of water... mmm yes and I'll have the camera within hands reach for it. I know the light isn't the best and I have no windows either in my kitchen but I have to work with what I have.

Remember my blog is dedicated to TRIED & TRUE recipes! I have made these, eaten these, served them. The photos are all made by me as well as proof of this. I also include foods I have tried that are gluten free but those are far and few between because I prefer to make my own from scratch recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment